Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 4th of July Buckaroo

July 2, 2012

Dear Family,

Last week flew by and it was pretty awesome! The work is going great and there are a lot of people changing their lives. Right now you know the harvest is going on here and most of our members are working in the field so everyone is super busy! Well, thanks for your letter and your encouragement and I’m really glad to hear everything is going great. I can’t wait to see how Alex is doing and to be an Uncle, Chyeah!

Parker truly is a G and I need to take some notes on what I should do because he is a really great example. That’s really cool that you got an iphone and it’s amazing to see how technology has progressed in the last two years, I won’t know what to do with all these crazy phones when I get back. I can’t believe my boys Hardy and Nichol’s are home already and that blows my mind. I’m glad to hear that they finished up like a champs and I can’t wait to ask them about how their time went in the service of the Master! I can’t believe that Bennett is coming home this week as I saw him in the MTC when I got there, man how time flies! I got the soccer jerseys in the mail last week and they are awesome! I got the Chilean national teams home and away jerseys and they arrived just in time for the big soccer game coming up next P-day where the south zone will face the north. Los Paisanos Unidos contra los Soldados Del Sur!!!!!!

Well I’m pretty pumped for this week as there is a lot going on. We are going to the Zoo with G in a little bit to check out some of Gods creations. Tomorrow we are going to the Temple because it’s our time to go again and I’m excited to receive some revelation. Then we have the 4th of July Buckaroo a famous Rodeo that goes on here every 4th of July in Molalla. The place will be packed and it will be an awesome experience as our mission President said we could go. This Saturday we are going to the temple again to be with G and his family as they are being sealed and then his daughter leaves for her mission at Temple Square a few days later.  The Branch will be doing baptisms and it should be an awesome growth experience. We are pretty busy this week and on top of that we have a ton of baptismal dates to set.

The work is going great here and time is flying by, we are seeing a lot of support from the members and they are all inviting there family members to church. Yesterday we had 10 investigators in Sacrament meeting and that is a miracle. They are all so close but we will have to continue teaching them to help them receive testimonies of the restored gospel.

I know that this is the Lords work and I also have come to know that I can’t do this work without His help. I love being a missionary and I know that the Lord is going to help us to see some baptisms and help our investigators change their lives. I know I need to stay mindful of things I need to improve on as I know the Lord will mold me and change me into the priesthood holder and missionary he wants me to be. I love you guys and thanks for the support.

Love,


Elder Payne