Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Molalla, "La Tierra Prometida" The Promised Land!

Mayo 7, 2012
Dear Familia y Amigos,

Things are going great and this week was awesome. A ton of miracles happened and the Lord is answering our prayers. This Sunday the whole branch fasted for more unity and I could definitely feel the difference in church as there was a stronger presence of the spirit. There were a lot of people in church yesterday and we have set new goals to get the church attendance to 100 this transfer. I know we can do it through faith and hard work. The Lord has helped us out so much to this point and I know we are going to see some amazing miracles this transfer.
 
Thanks a lot for the letter, its sounds like everyone is doing great!!!!! As you know, the family is the most important unit that the Lord has given us. That is so awesome that my cousin Manuel is going on his mission, I love that kid!!!!!! Can you give me his address so I can hit him up and see how he is doing?

That makes me so happy that Alex graduated from the University of Utah with honors and I will definitely follow in her footsteps. She is a great example to me and the whole family. Thanks for the birthday package and I really liked the pen you sent. It lights up and I have been using it in a couple of lessons as a visual. I liked the beef jerky and mangos, protein bars and journal. The journal is pretty small but just what I need, thanks!!!!!! I got your package on Thursday and I was pretty pumped to open it up. About my birthday, it was awesome!!! All the members remembered and the R family gave me this sweet tie. At the Tuesday night activity where we study the scriptures, everyone sang happy birthday and I felt like a million bucks. The P family from Woodburn (my second family) called me and sang happy birthday to me over the phone ha-ha. All and all it was a great day and I will never forget it.

Well I’m super pumped as usual to be out here and everything is going great on the mission. Today I get to watch a Disney movie for the first time with the Zone because we reached out baptismal goal last month, CHYEAH!!!!!!! We are watching Tarzan and everyone in the district is super excited to watch the first non-church related movie on their missions! I’m not saying that church movies aren’t cool, just saying that this is something super new and we are ready to embrace it. G also told me that he added me on Facebook but you haven’t accepted the friend request, when you get some time could you accept that. I think that’s really cool how I will be able to maintain better contact with all the people that I love and have met on my mission.

Well, I don’t have too much time to write as I have got to write a couple other people but things are going great. I don’t know if I told you but we have a gym in our apartment complex so we are getting swollen every morning at 6am. It’s my goal to come back home like a rock and weighing 170lbs of pure muscle and tortillas, Chyeah!!!!!!! Right now I weigh 155 and I’m not too fat so I’m on my way, Chyeah. Well, I love you guys so much and I’m so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I love the Lord and I love the mission!!!!!
 
Love,


Elder Payne