Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Birthday in Molalla!

May 1, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

It’s my birthday and I’m 21 years old and I’m pretty excited about that. My day has so far consisted of helping out my sick companion porque el tiene los chorros, Chyeah!!! He has been recovering from some bad carne asada that we ate a while ago ha-ha. I guess eating too much carne asada can take a toll on someone, even the Lords anointed. Well, yesterday my birthday dream was fulfilled as G and his mom took us to go eat at my favorite restaurant, “COSTCO”!!!!!!!!!!! CHYEAH. You know I got a piece of pizza and a very berry sundae. Right after we chowed down my companion started feeling pretty sick so we rolled back to the apartment and stayed there for the rest of the day. I spent the whole time cleaning the apartment, ordering things on my desk, so that’s why I didn’t right back yesterday! Then this morning he started feeling better through the healing power of the Priesthood and now we are rolling again.

I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet but it’s all good, I’ll keep looking for the packages you sent me. Well I don’t have too much time to write this week because I have to respond to some other emails and thank people for the birthday wishes. You should send me a list next week of the people that wished me a happy birthday so I can be sure that people still remember that I’m still alive ha-ha. Just playing, but it would be cool to see that and write some people some hand written letters.

This week was so awesome I can’t explain it with words!!!!!! Every week is awesome and I’m just so glad to be in this area. Transfers came up and no one in the Spanish mission was transferred so next transfer we will see a ton of changes. Well I’m glad that no one in the district got switched out because we are like a brotherhood!!! For our district activity, instead of going bowling, playing basketball or something lame like that, we are going to the fields to pick fruit. Here in the branch one of the members told us that he would take us out with him to go picking strawberries and it’s time to show my boys how some of the Hispanics out here work. I heard picking strawberries is super hard and I want to have a competition to see who can pick the most fruit. I heard its super messy too so we might try to pick la Cherry or la Blueberry. It’s time to immerse ourselves in the Culture G. Some of the Hermanas have been teaching me how to wash dishes without using the dish washer. One of the Hermanas can wash like 50 dishes in less than a minute! I’m working my way up there and I’ll never use a dishwasher again, dishwashers are for the weak. Anyway, I am developing this talent so that my future wife will never have to wash the dishes.  But let’s be real, I don’t know how committed I am to this goal. We will see how good I get at it.

Yeah, I don’t need that ADD medicine anyway but it did help me to read more but I know with the help of the Lord I can reach my goal of reading the whole missionary library. I finished the Book of Mormon and now it’s time to get cracking on La Biblia! I’ll write mom a letter with some good testimonies about how moms rule, I’ll even make it a district meeting activity and I’ll send the Elder’s thoughts to her. Dang, I just thought of that but I think it will turn out pretty good! It will help us appreciate our Mom’s and help Mom with her talk on Mother’s Day too!

Well I have got to get going but I love you guys and I’m loving life. I see miracles daily and I’m sending home my latest journal soon because it’s about full. I love being out here and my companion is the man. I love the feeling of testifying of the truthfulness of the Gospel and knowing that what I’m saying is the truth and the way that Christ intends for us to come closer to him.

Love,


Elder Payne