Monday, March 12, 2012

How time flies!

March 12, 2012
Dear Family,

Hey what’s going on family, it’s good to hear that all is going pretty good at home. A lot has happened this week and I was able to see the Lords hand many times as a lot of miracles are happening here in Woodburn.

Well Pops, I’m glad you called me out about the recurring theme you have seen throughout my mission and what I have been doing. It’s true and I have seen that I have been so open to suggestions and criticism from my companions throughout the mission and at times that’s all they are, just suggestions. When it comes to companions, I’m pretty much willing to compromise everything except the mission rules so my companions feel comfortable and the spirit can be with us but I do have to admit some of my enthusiastic personality has been put aside as I have tried to accommodate the feelings of my companions. More than anything, the problem has been that I have a big personality and in order  not to overshadow some of my quieter companions, I have had to tone it down a little bit. Just recently I have realized that that’s just who I am and I have to just keep on keeping on. I can compromise and try to make my comps feel more comfortable but when it comes to teaching and missionary work that’s just how I share what I  know and I love to do the work of the Lord.
I’m still super happy and having a good time but that is something I need to work out with myself and the Lord.  It’s interesting how I only have 4 transfers left after this week and I still have a ton to learn about myself and the Lord. I’m kind of bummed that I only have a short amount of time left as I love being a missionary so I avoid thinking about it even though I know it’s going happen anyway ha-ha. Well I’m just ranting now but thanks again and I’ll make a mental note of what needs to go down.

Well it sounds like the Jazz aren’t doing too well but maybe with some good trades they will pick things up. I don’t know if I already told you this but this is the final week of the transfer and we are thinking that Elder A is heading out and I’m staying for another transfer. We will see but if I stay or if I go, I'm ready to serve wherever  I’m needed. I would love to stay for another transfer as I love this area and I love the people. We will see and I will let you know next week.
Well like I told you last letter, we have been working with a lot of the members and less actives in the Branch. We have been doing family home evenings with them and all the members have enjoyed the activities and the lessons. We are seeing the fruits of our labors as we are receiving referrals and more confidence from the members. We have decided to hit the basics as that’s where it all starts. We are inviting the members to have daily scripture study and prayer with a FHE every week. We must strengthen the foundation before we put all of our focus on building the walls if you feel what I’m saying. Well everything is going great and I love every minute of being a missionary. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I can’t believe how people can read it and not believe that it is the word of God. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and that I am his servant. I don’t know where I will go this next week but wherever I go, I know it is where the Lord needs me.  I love you guys and keep on keepin on!

Love,

Elder Payne