Monday, January 30, 2012

Transfers Coming Next Week!

January 30, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, life is good and a lot has happened this week. I don’t have to much time to write this week because I’ve been hitting up the family in Chile con algunas cartitas. Well I got another appointment with the Doctor to get my medication to help me focus further more on the work of the Lord. This is the last week of the transfer and we are all thinking that companion Elder B is out of here, but you never know. We could both be out of here but only time will tell. It has been an awesome run and we have had a good time working with the people in this area. We had a Zone Conference meeting last Friday and when President M talked to Elder B he said good luck sleeping the night of transfer calls Elder. We were wondering what that meant but we will see.

Well the work here in Woodburn is going great and we are seeing a lot of Miracles as always. We did not have a baptism yesterday as we planned but we did reschedule the date and now we have the Father of the family committed. Before we were just planning on baptizing the Mom and her 2 children but I think is better to wait and have them make the covenant to enter the waters of baptism as a family. Church was great and we had another investigator that came to church that is friends with a less active member.  He was super happy to be there and received a huge welcome from the Elders Quorum when he stood up to introduce himself. We have invited him to be baptized as well and he told us he will need to think about it. We hit our goal of 20 lessons and we plan to get 25 this week. If it is Elder B’s last week here we want to work as hard as we can so he and we can leave this area with no regrets. Things are going great and I am seeing so many miracles every day. I love missionary work and I love Woodburn!

My companionship is going great, Elder B is the Man. I have learned so much from him and I know that we were sent to serve together for a reason. We are almost exact opposites in every way but our desire to serve the Lord has helped us to put that stuff aside and put our shoulders to the wheel!!!

That’s cool that you guys were rocking out in Utah and got to see Abuelita, Nana and Claire. I have got to write them again and let them know how things are going. Last week I noticed that there was a video of Abuelita on a flash drive you sent me. It was awesome to see her and listen to her talk in Spanish and a blessing to understand it all now. I hope she stays healthy and well so I can have a good visit with her. I know at 90 years old she is getting weaker but I hope she will be with us for many more years to come as I love her so much. 

Well I’ll try and answer the question that you wanted to know in the short time that I have left. Wow, as you know to sum up this question in two minutes is going to be tough but I have got to say that the biggest thing that has helped me to grow my testimony is prayer. If I didn’t have the ability to communicate directly with my heavenly father I think I would be lost. Through every situation that I have faced out here on my mission that has been difficult, I have found the only way to conquer or overcome it is through faith and prayer. Upon this building block I have learned how to love and grow my testimony. One thing I have come to know is that we have our companions for a reason. Before I thought it was all random, you know President M was just throwing darts at a board but I have come to understand that we have our companions for specific reasons because the Lord wants us to learn from them.

I just want to say I love you guys and hopefully next week I will be able to give you a solid letter.

Love,


Elder Payne